For our Pre-Membership Application please click here
The Independence Center 's vision is to provide individuals with mental disabilities and who have the desire to work an opportunity to be productive members of society. To that end, the Independence Center shall endeavor to provide vocational services and quality rehabilitative programs that serve individuals and the business community. It is our goal to develop a skilled and dedicated work force that embodies a good work ethic.
To be referred for membership the referral application must be completed and signed. Moreover, referrals from other community agencies require a current, detailed psychosocial history and a current psychiatric assessment, as well as signed release.
To be eligible for membership an applicant:
1. must have a primary presenting problem associated with severe and persistent mental illness;
2. should be interested in attending becoming an active part of the Independence Center, since participation is voluntary;
3. must be able to get to the Independence Center;
4. who has a history of substance abuse must be sober at the Independence Center and on any of the Independence Center's
sponsored community activities;
5. must not pose a threat to the Independence Center's community; and
6. must be at least 18 years of age. There is no upper age limit.
If you have any questions or need assistance please contact the Engagement/Intake Staff at (847) 360-1020.Quality Assurance report for supervisiors 2016.pdf
Give to Independence Center
We Are On Facebook.
Make Us Your Favorite Today!